24 May 2011

The Par-tay.

Garrett's first birthday celebration extravaganza has officially come and gone.  A couple weeks following his actual birthday, we held his birthday party this past Sunday, surrounded by family and close friends.  Who doesn't love to celebrate an entire month instead of just one day, weekend or even week? What can I say, it's just how we roll.

In contemplating where we should hold this par-tay, several options came to mind. A pre-summer Bbq?  A park? Grammie and Grampie's house?  None of those seemed quite right.  First, given that the entire month of May has been pretty dismal, a bbq seemed out of the question right away.  Besides, for one reason or another, I do not come from a family of 'pet people', so to stress out and worry about where to keep our beloved Gabby throughout the day if it turned out to be crummy weather was something I didn't want to deal with on top of everything else.  Same goes for a park--rain seems to be the word of the month so forget someplace like Wolfe's Neck.  And Grammie's house? Well, my folks had just returned from a two week Euro vacation and given that I wanted some of Garrett's buddies (and ours too!) to attend, it just didn't seem like the place.

Then it occurred to me.  The Rumpus Room! What? Where?  Yes! The Rumpus Room--a terrific indoor play place for kiddoes 0-6years old right in downtown Brunswick.  And they do parties.  It was awesome.  The perfect place for kids of our guests ages to explore, run around, enjoy and let off some steam.  It was so fun.  Grammie and Grampie came up, as well as Aunt Meara, Uncle Asim and cousins, Hannah and Leah.  Garrett's 'brothah of anothah mothah', Nolan, and his parents, my preggo twin Annie and her hubby Joe; Garrett's idol (although he doesn't quite know it yet) Marcus, and his parents, Megan and Chris.  Just the right size crowd for our little one year old to handle.  


Garrett had his first taste of pizza. Loved.it.  What did he love more? CAKE! And the helium balloons. Particularly the one that looks remarkably like his elmo doll.  It was a great day and I'm thankful to my friends and family who shared in this special event with us.  After all, you only get the first birthday one time!

The Birthday Table.

My mom cross-stitched this awesome piece for us.

Peek-a-boo! Through the pirate's ship
This kid loves a good ball pit.

Grampie and Boo. Special friends.

Trying some pizza. Yup, it's delish.

Check out this cool shark hat my Auntie gave me!

My buddy Marcus is trying to show me how to love these trains!

And I'm off! Exploring...
The Cake.
Deeelish.


And I'm back to the ball pit!

Who's ready to catch?

I love it in here. How did that train get there?

Nolan came to join me!

Looooooooove this.
Love cake even more.

I love my cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment