17 August 2012

Vacation: day five, play date and wipe wonder.

The last day of our vacation. Not officially, since that would be Sunday, but we'd be together on the weekend anyway, so I'm sorta counting this as the last one.  We woke up in much better spirits than yesterday. Ok, I woke up in much better spirits.  We both still have colds but that didn't deter us.

On today's docket? A breakfast playdate with one of my friend's and her 18 month old daughter. Boo showed no signs of a cold as he rip-roared through the house, dragging his trucks to and fro, showing off in front of the shy cutie.  Eventually, they got into typical toddler banter, and a good time was had by all.  Prior to all that however, G impressed me with his ability to walk upright in my Dansko's which he calls "boots". HAHA






After our friends left, G succumbed to a nearly three hour nap (yay for me!) and we awaited a visit from the grandparents, who would be passing by on their way home from Rockland and brought us the most amazing container of blueberries.  I don't think they could look any more scrumptious.  And they taste even more amazing then they look.  There are tons...I need ideas on how to use them other than the pancakes we'll obviously be enjoying tomorrow morning.  What's your favorite blueberry recipe?




After G & G left, Garrett put on Dad's hat.  This jaunty look was too cute not to capture:

So then we sat down to dinner--a grilled cheese, green beans, a banana and applesauce.  Applesauce in our house is eaten by both a spoon and fingers. Especially since most of the food served with the sauce is being dipped in it.  Like tonight, green beans are obviously most delicious with a sheen of the appley tang. I must have used about 15 wipes throughout this meal. Which got me wondering, how many wipes do I go through a day? A week? Throughout the whole 2 + years of this kid's life?  Staggering.  And whoever the genius is that invented them, we owe him/her big time.  This kid could keep them in business alone. And I never leave home without them.




2 comments:

  1. My favorite is these blueberry crumb bars from smitten kitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/07/blueberry-crumb-bars/

    Kind of like a little mini blueberry pie, but super easy because the dough makes both the shortbread bottom and the crumble top.

    ReplyDelete