27 November 2013

Thankful.

It's Thanksgiving eve and we're home watching the deluge of rain beat down upon the cars, street, and yard. There's a giant pool that's formed and is slowly expanding in what normally is our backyard.  I'm thankful it isn't snow.

We took the day off, you and me.  Spent the morning in our pjs, being busy. A Thanksgiving craft and chocolate chip cookies.  What could be better? The top turkey is one carefully constructed with your hand, with some guidance from me.  The bottom one? Let's just call that free-range.







Thanksgiving is so late this year, which means soon everything holidayesque will be bearing down upon us. Wait, let's be real, it already is, and we've spent the week listening to Christmas music. Helloooo, Johnny Mathis!

In reading the past two Thanksgiving posts before composing this one, I find myself still just as thankful for all those things today as I was then, with maybe a few additions.

Right now, I'm thankful for my hand therapist, who has helped me, in a short amount of time, regain much use of my finger and hand after the "incident". It's allowing me to make the apple pie I'll be bringing for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  I'll be careful slicing those apples.

I'm thankful that earlier this morning, I let Gabby outside to go pee and noticed the rear passenger window was WIDE OPEN because SOME little boy I know likes to have his window down while we ride home to "feel the cool air on my face", thus rendering the car seat and most of the backseat quite soaked.  Why am I thankful for this? I'm thankful I caught it when I did and didn't get any worse. 

I'm thankful for the upcoming holiday season, and you being at an age where I think you're finally and truly going to enjoy it.  We've got so much planned, so many fun things to see and do.  I can't wait to let the magic of the season envelop us and whisk us away to all things North Pole, Santa, and Christmas.  The other night, we went down to Freeport, to see the tree lighting at LL Bean.  As we were driving down Main Street, the holiday lights twinkling all around, you breathed in and said "Look at all the pretty decoration! Christmas is everywhere!" 

























I'm thankful to have a job that gives me these days to enjoy...not only Thanksgiving but also the day after, and the flexibility to take the day before, today, off. Five day weekend, here we come.

I'm thankful for our family, near and far. 

I'm thankful for friends, both old and new. I'm thankful for your little friends, too.

Last week, we had the first snow of the season, and we did play outside.  I'm thankful I captured these moments of you and your pal.



















I'm thankful for Pooh and 'Yore' and that they still exist.  I don't know what we'd do if we lost them.  And I do so love that when someone asks you who they are, you say "Classic Pooh and Yore."  Classic Pooh indeed.




 I'm thankful that for the most part, you stay in your bed, in your room, all night.  Thank you.  Please continue to do so!  And I'm thankful that you still take afternoon naps.  Please continue to do so!

So, on this dreary Thanksgiving eve, with much to be thankful for that is mentioned or not, let us enjoy the day tomorrow, quietly spent with Grammie and Grampie, indulging in the feast, and looking forward to all the wonders ahead.  

Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours...





No comments:

Post a Comment